The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation. Through its Supreme Court Observer (SCO) initiative, it brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court of India for everyone.
We are looking to engage an Editor for CLPR’s Supreme Court Observer (SCO) initiative. In particular, we are looking for an Editor to assist us in editing our annual self-publication on the Supreme Court’s fundamental rights jurisprudence, Rights in Review. This is a project-based engagement.
You will be tasked with:
- Editing to ensure that the language is readable for a general audience
- Line editing Rights in Review 2018 with a focus on consistent use of tenses and spelling
- Reducing word length
- Have a minimum of two years of (non-fiction) editing experience
- Demonstrate excellent editing and writing skills
- Familiarity with the law preferred
How to apply:
To apply, write to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability for the role. Kindly title the subject of your e-mail as follows: ‘Rights in Review – Application’
Kindly attach your CV, an editing sample and a short writing sample (no more than 3,000 words).
The deadline to apply is 13 December, 1pm.