Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
CLPR strongly believes that constitutional endurance in India requires a critical popular allegiance built on a shared understanding of constitutional origins and its role in our everyday lives. The Constitutional and Civic Citizenship Project at CLPR produces research and writing, digital public goods, and builds civic education initiatives to create a robust constitutional culture in India. We are looking to hire a Senior Consultant to join this project.
Scope of Work
A. We are looking for a Senior Consultant for CLPR’s ConstitutionofIndia.net project. The Consultant will be engaged in the following tasks:
- Research, writing, and public communication that brings India’s rich constitutional and political history to life for diverse audiences.
- Managing and supervising the overall content produced on ConstitutionofIndia.net
- Developing and anchoring cutting-edge workshops on India’s constitutional and political history for students of diverse educational backgrounds across the country.
- Conceptualising and organising a wide range of public events for students and the general public.
- Please refer to the Terms of Reference for details.
B. The period of engagement will between 01 January 2023 and 15 December 2023. The consultant shall put in a minimum of 42 working hours per week to complete the tasks mentioned above.
- Master’s degree in law/social sciences/humanities/media/journalism is mandatory.
- Exceptional research and writing skills that engage with topics on law, history, and politics with literary flair and analytical prowess.
- Prior work experience in the field of constitutional education.
- Demonstrable leadership and managerial skills.
- A desire to contribute to building a vibrant constitutional culture in India.
How to apply
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for Consultant | CoI.net’ in the subject of your mail.
- One Writing Sample
For the terms of reference, click here.