The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
Information regulation is a key focus area at CLPR. Our work collates multi-disciplinary scholarship on the law and philosophy of information regulation, with a specific focus on India. We aim to expand and deepen this work through a new project on ‘Privacy, Policing and Surveillance’. This project will examine the impact of AI and Big Data on State governance and surveillance practices.
We are looking to engage a Research Associate to assist the ‘Privacy, Policing and Surveillance’ project team.
The Research Associate Will
- Engage in research and writing for reports, journal articles, blogs posts and op-eds
- Anchor data collection and analysis
- Facilitate public engagement and communication
- Track project operations and deliverables
- Support administrative tasks
- Undergraduate degree in Law.
- Master’s degree in law/public policy (preferred).
- Exceptional research and writing skills.
- 3 to 4 years work experience in information technology law/policy.
Write to email@example.com and mention ‘Application for Research Associate | Privacy, Policing and Surveillance Project 2021’ in the subject of your mail.
- Statement of Purpose
- Two writing samples
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within two weeks of their application.