Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
CLPR strongly believes that constitutional endurance in India requires a critical popular allegiance built on a shared understanding of constitutional origins and its role in our everyday lives. The Constitutional and Civic Citizenship Project at CLPR produces research and writing, digital public goods, and builds civic education initiatives to create a robust constitutional culture in India. We are looking to hire a Consultant to join this project.
Scope of Work
A. We are looking for a Consultant to join the Constitutional and Civic Citizenship project. The Consultant will be engaged in the following tasks:
- Research, writing, and public communication that brings India’s rich constitutional and political history to life for diverse audiences.
- Participating in multidisciplinary academic research projects at CLPR and its Indian and international partner universities to advance scholarship on India’s constitutional founding.
- Developing and delivering cutting-edge workshops on India’s constitutional and political history for students of diverse educational backgrounds across the country.
- Assisting with organising curated public events for students and the general public.
B. The period of engagement will not exceed 15 December 2023. The consultant shall put in a minimum of 42 working hours per week to complete the tasks mentioned above.
- Undergraduate degree in law/social sciences/humanities/media/journalism.
- Exceptional research and writing skills that engage with topics on law, history, and politics with literary flair and analytical prowess.
- A desire to contribute to building a vibrant constitutional culture in India.
- A Master’s degree and/or relevant work experience is preferred but not mandatory.
How to apply
Write to email@example.com and mention ‘Application for Consultant | CoI.net’ in the subject of your mail.
- One Writing Sample
For the terms of reference, click here.