Location of engagement: New Delhi
The Centre for Law and Policy Research (CLPR) is a not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
We are looking to engage an Associate for CLPR’s Supreme Court Observer (SCO) initiative in New Delhi.
SCO is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India, which brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court for everyone. It aims to build an enduring constitutional culture in India by enhancing the popular understanding of the Supreme Court’s contribution to our everyday lives. Towards this, we track and report on important cases emerging from the Supreme Court. For each selected case, we provide unparalleled depth and access through comprehensive plain English reports of oral arguments and an archive of all written submissions.
More details about SCO’s work may be found on the website: scobserver.in
The Associate will report on key Supreme Court cases, which will include:
- Report on oral arguments on a daily basis, producing detailed written summaries
- Obtain submissions from litigants
- Stay abreast of the important developments at the Supreme Court of India, including identifying the cases to be tracked
- Write on any other aspect of the working and history of the Supreme Court.
- Must have a minimum of one year of litigation experience (preferably in the Supreme Court)
- Must demonstrate excellent research and writing skills
- Must have a strong academic background (master’s degree preferred)
- Must be residing (or willing to reside) in New Delhi
How to apply:
To apply, write to firstname.lastname@example.org (with a copy to email@example.com) outlining your suitability for the role. Kindly title the subject of your e-mail as follows: ‘Application: SCO Associate’
Deadline for applying is 22 March 2020
- Latest CV
- A writing sample of not more than 3000 words on a topic related to law
Compensation dependent on experience of candidate