The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
We are looking to engage a Consultant for CLPR’s Supreme Court Observer initiative from mid-September until 15 December 2019.
The Supreme Court Observer is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India and brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court. The Observer aims to build an enduring constitutional culture in India by enhancing the popular understanding of the Supreme Court’s contribution to our everyday lives.
Among other tasks, the Associate Editor will:
- Edit daily reports of tracked cases in the Supreme Court of India
- Identify cases to be tracked at the Supreme Court of India
- Write case backgrounds, plain English translations of judgments, and other content
- Write on any other aspect of the working and history of the Supreme Court
- Plan and execute social media and other outreach strategies
- Manage court reporters
- Must demonstrate excellent research and outstanding writing skills
- Must have a strong academic background (masters degree preferred)
- Must have a law degree
How to apply:
- To apply, write to jai.brunner[at]clpr[dot]org[dot]in and title the subject of your e-mail as follows: ‘Application for Associate Editor’
Deadline: 6 September 2019
- A writing sample