The Centre for Law and Policy Research (CLPR) is a not-for-profit trust dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation. We focus on addressing discrimination at the intersections of caste, gender, and disability, and other minorities through law.
About the Position and Role:
The Project Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and handle a variety of research, operational, and administrative functions for the projects at CLPR.
Responsibilities will include:
A. Project Development, Planning and Implementation
- Draft necessary strategic documents concerning project design, planning and implementation, such as results frameworks, work plans, budgets etc.
- Implement project action plans
- Undertake day to day management of the projects, including smooth implementation and the efficient use of resources
- Manage project budgets
- Develop Terms of Reference for project consultants/experts hired on a short-term basis, ensure proper delivery of technical services and submission of technical and other reports
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities, so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent
- Ensure the timeliness adhered to, outputs are of high quality, reports are prepared on time that document project achievements and challenges
- Ensure delivery of resources and results according to planned targets.
- Support the coordination with relevant Government authorities dealing with human rights
- Actively participate in all aspects of planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation of projects
B. Capacity Building, Advocacy and Partnerships
- Support the organization of workshops, seminars and activities,
- Establish and maintain partnerships with stakeholders, NGOs, governments and donors
- Perform other duties related to the project as assigned by the management.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Relationship Management: Experience building relationships and communicating with key stakeholders, including top organizational executives and decision makers.
- Project Management: Ability to thrive in an environment with dynamic priorities; ability to manage a variety of tasks and activities simultaneously; impeccable attention to detail; resourceful with strong research experience and capability; is organized and can effectively shepherd and coordinate information from various sources; can follow up with internal and external stakeholders for tasks; able to manage all projects from inception to implementation or delivery; is an effective and skilled trainer.
- Software Applications knowledge: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, and other applications.
- Communication: Advanced verbal and written skills using different forms of media; ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels; provides continuous proactive verbal and/or written status of activity updates
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational filing and planning skills; proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision; proven ability to coordinate multiple activities quickly and efficiently; ability to observe standard office policies and procedures.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of a team; ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment and contribute to problem-solving; and ability to quickly learn and fully support old and new systems, processes and procedures.
Required Education, Experience, and Training:
- Degree in Law or International Relations, Public Policy, or related fields. Post graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in managing and/or coordinating projects.
- Non-profit experience (desirable)
- Minimum 2 years work experience in project management
- Strong interest in rights-based advocacy and a commitment to social justice work.
- Good reading and writing knowledge of Kannada.
Write to email@example.com with subject ‘Application for Project Coordinator’
- Cover Letter
- One Writing sample
- Names of at least 2 references
Candidates selected for an interview will be notified within 2 weeks of their application.
CLPR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages persons from SC/ST backgrounds, minority religions, LGBTQIA+ persons, and persons with disabilities to apply.