Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
ConstitutionofIndia.net is CLPR’s flagship open access digital platform that provides insights into India’s constitutional and political history through its rich archive of historical and contemporary primary materials. We extend these digital materials through curated public engagement activities that include workshops, seminars, quizzes, conferences, theatre productions and more. ConstitutionofIndia.net is routinely accessed by schools, universities, civil society organizations, lawyers, academics, and the general public. It is widely cited in numerous popular and academic books, journals, and news media. In late 2022, the Supreme Court of India referenced ConstitutionofIndia.net’s historical archives in its landmark EWS case.
We are looking for a Research Associate to join the Constitutional Culture team. The Research Associate will be engaged in the following tasks:
- Research, writing and producing a range of content for constitutionofindia.net (website) on themes that include constitutional law, constitutional history and political history.
- Academic writing on Indian constitutional law, politics and history
- Develop content for and anchor Indian constitutional history and law workshops.
- Assist with public outreach programmes.
- Other related tasks.
- Academic background in law, history or political science.
- Master’s Degree in constitutional law/ political science/ history (preferred).
- Strong academic performance with excellent research and writing skills.
- 2 to 3 years of prior work experience preferred.
How to apply
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ‘Application for Research Associate | Constitutionofindia.net 2023’ in the subject of your mail.
- Statement of Purpose
- Two writing samples (preferably one academic and one general)
Remuneration will be based on qualification and experience.
Candidates who have been selected for the first round of interview, will receive the reply within two weeks.
CLPR is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage advocates from marginalised communities to apply.