Centre for Law and Policy Research (“CLPR”) is a not-for-profit trust based in Bengaluru. We are a team of young researchers and lawyers who are engaged with research into law, development of policy, advancing public interest in the constitution and the Supreme Court and in strategic impact litigation. Please visit our website to learn more about us and the work we do. For more information on our-ongoing projects visit the CADIndia and SCObserver websites.
If interested in the positions listed below please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the role that you are applying for in the subject line of the email. For more information about the role or the organisation reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centre for Law and Policy Research is excited to announce the launch of a 3-year project that is focused on “Tackling Caste Discrimination Effectively”. In this project we will investigate the roadblocks and discrimination faced by persons on account of caste and other intersections of gender, gender identity and disability. The goal of the project is to improve the implementation of caste discrimination laws and address how they impact women, transgender persons and persons with disability. The Project is focused on the 4 states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu. We are looking to a build a team that is representative of the people we will be working with in this project and are actively looking for persons of different abilities and from diverse backgrounds.
The Communications Director role is crucial to creating awareness of the issues tackled by this project in the legal, academic and public domains. The mandate for this role is to set, guide and execute a comprehensive and cohesive strategy for creating the website, communications, and marketing collateral required for/by this project. Well-crafted proposals on how to create and utilize owned, paid and earned media and clearly defining metrics to regularly measure reach and engagement are the primary responsibilities of this role. Key to the public relations efforts around this project is the design, development, deployment and maintenance of a website. This portal shall be the principal gateway through which the output, changes and benefits generated by the project shall be communicated and as such it is vital that the content on this site be relevant, thought-provoking and up to date.
During the course of the project the teams involved will publish documents (study report, policy briefs, position papers, op-eds, articles, draft bill), conduct events (workshops, training sessions, university classes, consultations, interviews, press conferences, seminars, etc), arrange 1-on-1 and group meetings (with legislators, MPs, leaders in the area of social change, heads of CSOs, academicians, judges, etc) and launch outreach programs (classes at universities, setup groups within the legal profession to continue support for the disenfranchised communities, create networks among CSOs to enable self-supporting and informed grass roots movements). The Communications Director shall work with the teams, Project Director, and Operations Director to frame the messages, provide design input for the collateral, and define and execute the communication plans that are to be used before, during and after these interaction points. In addition, key goals and target metrics to measure the success of these efforts shall have to be defined, tracked and recorded.
Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Looking for an individual who is motivated to work with a non-profit organization that is affecting social change through research, education, legislation, litigation and direct intervention.
- Position is located in Bengaluru. Should be willing to relocate (if required).
- Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communications preferred. Applicants with degrees in other subjects but with relevant experience shall also be considered.
- At least 2 years of experience developing and executing communication campaigns for projects with a diverse target audience required. Experience at a non-profit organization and/or legal firm preferred.
- Experience working with a range of internal teams (lawyers, researchers, finance, operations) and with vendors (design, website development, printers) is a plus.
- Ability to direct creation of targeted messages to individuals and small groups, broader missives to larger groups, and general communication collateral like newsletters, articles for the website, etc. is required.
- Should be an expert at defining, deploying and measuring the impact of multi-phase social media campaigns that target phase-specific audience but maintain overall project message.
- Should be skilled at expanding reach over online and offline channels. In particular should be accomplished with increasing exposure through print media, project website, academic publications, compatible digital sites and social media.
- Should have experience scheduling, organizing and conducting public relations related events like press conferences, panel discussions and interviews as well as promoting other events like conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Experience with developing content, editing third-party generated content, and identifying distribution channels for audio/video communication vehicles such as podcasts and video blogs is desirable.