At CLPR we focus on addressing discrimination at the intersections of caste, gender, sexuality, and disability and other minorities through law. As a part of this work, we are excited to announce The CLPR Equality Fellowship.
The Equality Fellows will engage in litigation and advocacy in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, to work with communities facing discrimination on the basis of caste, gender, disability, sexuality, gender identity and minority status. This will include enhancing the implementation of various equality laws including The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 (SC/ST Act), The Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (PCRA), The Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993 (The Manual Scavengers Act), The Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2016 and others.
Eligibility and details:
- This is a part-time fellowship for practising lawyers to take up litigation in the above areas along with their regular practice.
- Successful candidates will be young, talented lawyers who demonstrate a strong interest in rights-based advocacy and a commitment to public interest law
- Law graduates with an L.L.B degree who have a minimum of 2 years of litigation experience
- Applicants should be registered and enrolled with their State Bar Council
- Should have a working knowledge of either Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam or Tamil
- Should have excellent writing and drafting skills
CLPR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages persons from SC/ST backgrounds, minority religions, LGBTQI+ persons and persons with disability to apply
Applicants must submit:
- A completed CLPR Equality Fellowship Application Form – available here.
- Two (2) writing samples (published articles, essays, blog posts) between 500-2000 words
- Applications to be submitted by November 15, 2020, 5.00 PM IST
Please combine all attachments in a single PDF file labelled with “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name].” Email the PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “[Your Name]-Equality Fellowship Application”