- Around 180 from across India and the world participated in Transform – 2nd International Conference on Transgender Rights and the Law on 14th and 15th of April.
- Sudhir Krishnaswamy writes for The Print on the judgement in Subhash Kashinath Mahajan vs. The State of Maharashtra. Sudhir reviewed and assessed the judgment and public reaction to it. He argues that this case is bad in law and does not meet the standards of judicial decision making.
- Release of “Rights in Review 2017” – our annual review of key Supreme Court judgements. We critically analyse judgements relating to fundamental rights. We assess whether these decisions advance our constitutional mandate for a robust protection of key civil, political and socio-economic life and highlight their relevance and impact on our collective public life.
- Mathew Idiculla’s op-ed titled ‘Federalism and fariness’ appeared in The Hindu on 3rd April 2018. In this article, in the context of South Indian States’ demand for re-looking the concept of federalism, Mathew analyses these demands by making constitutional and historical arguments
- Covered the arguments of K.K.Venugopal (Attorney General of India) and Mr Tushar Mehta (Advocate representing UIDAI) on day 26 of Aadhar Act Case.
- Covered the concluding arguments of Mr Tushar Mehta (Advocate representing UIDAI) on day 27 and day 28 of Aadhar Act Case.
- Plain English version of the judgement in the Hadiya Case.
- Covered day 6 arguments of Rohingya deportation case which saw Mr. Tushar Mehta (Advocate representing Centre) and Mr. Prashant Bhushan (Advocate representing the Petitioners) make their competing arguments.
- Court by numbers: Number of sitting Supreme Court judges.